Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Button, button ....

Today, I am posting a photo of something a little different than my usual crocheted thing-a-ma-bobber stuff and junk. Now, to be perfectly honest, I have very little skill with beadwork and jewelry making, but lord knows I've tried and tried, against all reason, to make some special beaded gifts for friends.  Occasionally, I am successful. The photo below shows the button bracelet I made for my extra super special friend Judy this past year. The technique that I have used here is simple, and I have made several pieces with it with fairly consistent results. Using a length of chain, I attach either shank buttons with jump rings,  or beads that have a wire run thru and finished with a wrapped loop. Add a clasp, and that's about it. The bracelet pictured below is made with both new buttons as well as vintage buttons culled from my Nana's button box. I know that I need to perfect my craft photography - a fill of diffused light would've helped this one out, but you get the idea.


1 comment:

Snarfff said...

It looks very modern-victorian, if there is such a thing. Lovely crafting as always.