Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Corner

Welcome to my Happy Corner! As you see, I have introduced just a wee a bit of sunshine to my otherwise dull, beige colored basement cubicle. Its quite jolly, isn't it? The turtle is a more than a little apprehensive about that cat! (Origami and crochet by me!) The pattern for the cat is by Amy Gaines, and is worked in a soft acrylic yarn. I did make several changes, but the basic form is all Amy's. Her patterns are available on Etsy (see the link to left of the posting). She has recently had her designs published in a book by Leisure Arts called "Cute Little Animals". Amy Gaines is a real inspiration, and I hope to work with more of her designs. I've made one of these little cats in light grey, and another in chocolate brown as gifts to my nieces. When I post the photos of those cats I will note the changes and additions that I made to the pattern for anyone who might be interested.


1 comment:

Snarfff said...

The origami flowers are perfect!